Concealed Carry Criminal Defense Reimbursement Bond
Providing Up to $250,000 Reimbursement to CCW Permit Holders for Criminal Legal Defense Costs
When a concealed carry permit holder is criminally investigated or charged with a crime that involves a legally possessed weapon, we have a bond that will reimburse the CCW permit holder for reasonable legal fees and costs of defense to the maximum bond limit (up to $250,000).
The Concealed Carry Criminal Defense Reimbursement Bond only applies to an “act of self defense” by a CCW Permit Holder in a state where the permit holder is legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and…
- Permit holder must be in legal possession of the weapon at the time of the incident with a license from TN, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH, or WI. (Bond coverage extends to other states that the permit holder is licensed.)
- “Weapon” means a weapon, other than a fully automatic weapon, from which a projectile is
discharged by gunpowder or pressure of compressed air. Where applicable by state law, weapon includes,
within its meaning, any electronic control weapon device (ECW or ECD), or such weapons as a knife or
club in a state where a permit or license is required for concealed carry of those types of weapons.
- Bond is limited to the named permit holder who must assert innocence or plead not guilty by reason of an “act of self-defense.”
- The bond provides reimbursement of reasonable legal fees, expenses, and costs of defense up to the bond limit after declaration from the prosecuting attorney that no criminal charges will be filed, a dismissal of all filed criminal charges, or acquittal of the “permit holder” following a trial and verdict is upheld on appeal.
- Contingent upon the permit holder maintaining a state-issued permit or license to carry a weapon (fully automatic weapons are not covered).
- Membership in firearms association is not required for this bond.
- Bond immediately becomes null and void without notice for revocation, lapse or non-renewal of any concealed carry permit or license.
- Bond provides no legal counsel or defense to the criminal charges – permit holder must hire own legal counsel.
- No coverage is provided for illegal acts.
- Civil claims and lawsuits are not covered by this bond.
It’s easy to order online. Click here and choose your bond penalty (criminal defense only by reimbursement):
» $50,000 for $100 per year
» $100,000 for $175 per year
» $250,000 for $250 per year
Please phone or email Kevin Morency with any questions you have about the concealed carry criminal defense reimbursement bond.